WOW Skin Science Citronella Essential Oil has a fresh, sweet and citrusy aroma. Citronella Essential Oil is extracted by steam distilling finely chopped fresh, dried or partly dried Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus) grass. Although it is known for its insect repellant properties (like keeping malaria-carrying mosquitoes at bay), it is also a skin and hair-friendly essential oil for beauty care. It also helps relieve stress and reduces feelings of anxiety with its refreshing fragrance. WOW Skin Science Citronella Essential Oil is truly an all-rounder!
Citronella Essential Oil is widely used in aromatherapy for its antiseptic, antibacterial, deodorant, insecticidal & stimulant properties contributing to numerous health & wellness, benefits.
Safety: Not to be ingested & strictly for external use only. Do not use during pregnancy or lactation and on infants or young children. Ensure zero contact with the eyes; rinse, with plenty of cold water if contact occurs. If applied on the skin, avoid sun exposure for at least 12 hours, as this oil is photosensitive; use preferably in the evenings. Store tightly capped in a dark, cool space. Sun & air exposure can decrease the potency of the oil.
- Use in limited & recommended quantities only.
- Do a skin patch test to check sensitivity before first use. Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- For topical application, use only when well diluted.
- We have provided only general guidelines for safe use on hair and skin. You are requested to consult a professional aromatherapist for exact dilution ratios; if required.
- Keep the room well ventilated while diffusing essential oils.
WOW Skin Science Citronella Essential Oil blends well with: Bergamot, Geranium, Lemon, Orange & Lavender essential oils.
How To Use
- Mix 3 drops per 10 ml of mild shampoo for oil-balanced, clean, lustrous & frizz-free hair.
- Mix 3 drops per 10 ml of moisturizer/lotion. Use as usual for clear, oil-balanced, soft, supple & toned skin.
- Mix 3 drops with 1 tbsp carrier oil such as coconut oil, olive oil or jojoba oil. Blend well & apply on the skin until absorbed for an invigorating massage.
- Add 2-3 drops to water to repel insects like mosquitoes, flies & ants.
- Add 1-2 drops to water for relief from anxiety & stress.
- Mix 5-10 drops in bathing water to get rid of body odor.
- Put 2-3 drops on cotton balls & place them in cupboards/wardrobes to keep moths & insects away.
Ingredient: Citronella Oil (Cymbopogon nardus)
"This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."