Does Apple Cider Vinegar Clean Your Hair?
Apple cider vinegar can work wonders in health, wellness, and even cleaning -- but the underrated benefits for hair health are the best part.
Better yet, it can benefit every hair type from thin and fine, thick and curly, or even irritated and damaged. Here’s everything you need to know about using apple cider vinegar for your hair:
What Does Apple Cider Vinegar Do For Hair?
A better question is what can’t apple cider vinegar do for your hair! Is apple cider vinegar good for dry hair, oily hair, and itchy hair? There are so many benefits of using apple cider vinegar on your hair that hold true no matter what your hair type is.
Here are some of the best benefits that apple cider vinegar can do for your hair:
- Clarify: If you aren’t clarifying your hair on a regular basis, you’re doing it wrong! And no, getting it done when you go to the hair salon every eight weeks isn’t enough. Washing and clarifying are 2 different things, as ingredients in other hair products like sulfates and parabens can leave buildup on your hair and scalp that cannot be removed just by using a regular shampoo. Clarifying your hair by using a specially formulated clarifying shampoo with apple cider vinegar is the best way to really clean your hair without totally stripping your natural oils.
- Repair: After your hair suffers from damage by free radicals, styling products, and more, you need to take steps to repair and strengthen your hair to encourage healthy hair. Damage can be felt if you can’t see it, through dry, brittle, split ends from chemical treatments or using heat on a regular basis. Thankfully, you can repair this damage with active ingredients like apple cider vinegar. It’s also a good idea to tone back your coloring treatments and heat usage during your hair health journey.
- Heal: Many people struggle with hair loss from pregnancy, stress, genetics, or just bad hair care. Many people assume that hair loss is permanent and there’s nothing they can really do to help their hair grow back healthy and strong -- but that’s not the case! Apple cider vinegar is actually a great naturally healing agent that has been used as a remedy for tons of different ailments for generations. Just as apple cider vinegar can benefit the inside of your body, it can benefit the outside as well thanks to high amounts of beneficial nutrients. Apple cider vinegar is also an antioxidant that is able to neutralize free radicals that damage your hair and make it weak, thin, and more prone to falling out. So if you’re frustrated with hair loss, you definitely need to try out apple cider vinegar.
- Control Flakes: Itchy irritation worsened by stress and hormone changes are nothing to be scared of, and can be managed. If you feel like you’ve tried everything to get rid of your flakes with no results, you should definitely try apple cider vinegar! Apple cider vinegar helps fight flakes by balancing the pH level of your scalp, stimulating the shedding of dead skin cells that can later turn into unsightly flaking, and fighting dandruff-causing fungi with its antibacterial properties. Apple cider vinegar is still natural and gentle enough to be used on your hair and scalp without completely stripping it down.
How to Best Use Apple Cider Vinegar On Hair
There are a few different ways to use apple cider vinegar on your hair. You don’t necessarily have to go and put straight apple cider vinegar onto your hair. There are actually hair care products out there that have been specially formulated with apple cider vinegar and other nourishing ingredients like almond oil, argan oil, coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil, and aloe vera for holistic hair healing.
WOW Skin Science, for example, has a few different apple cider vinegar hair and skincare products including shampoo, mist tonic, and a hair mask. These amazing products are totally natural and don’t contain any sulfates, parabens, or gluten and they are never tested on animals.
- Apple cider vinegar shampoo is a great way to thoroughly cleanse your hair on a weekly basis while also nourishing it and strengthening it. Shampoo will break up build-up that clogs pores to cause hair loss. The antibacterial properties will fight dandruff-causing fungi, while soothing irritation for a happy scalp!
- Apple cider vinegar mists are a great way to boost hydration and shine on the go. Just spray on your hair to help smooth out any flyaways or frizz in an instant!
- Apple cider vinegar hair masks are a great way to boost your hair’s shine, strength, and overall health in a concentrated treatment.
If you're wondering does apple cider vinegar clean your hair, the answer is YES! This clarifying formula is very potent, and does not need to be used super often. How often can you use apple cider vinegar on your hair? It really depends on your hair type, but we recommend 1-2x a week for normal-oily hair, and 1x a week or every other week for sensitive and dry hair. If you follow this regimen then apple cider vinegar won't damage or lighten your hair.
How to Find Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Products
With all these amazing benefits, you’re probably wondering why you haven’t seen tons of apple cider vinegar hair products out there. And it’s true -- they can be hard to find if you don’t know where to look.
Thankfully, WOW Skin Science has made all of our apple cider vinegar hair care products available online. Before buying online, always check customer reviews to make sure that the product is effective. Also make sure that the company offers top-level customer service. We provide 24/7 customer support to answer all of your questions and address all your needs.
As you can see, apple cider vinegar can work wonders on your hair no matter what it looks like now. It’s powerful enough to be effective on things like heat damage, dandruff, and hair loss, while also being gentle enough to balance pH levels and leave behind beneficial natural oils.
So make sure to check out WOW Skin Science’s apple cider vinegar hair products to start your hair journey back to perfection.