Featured Articles ➔
Quick Fixes On How To Get Oil Out Of Hair Without Washing
Having greasy hair is one of the biggest hair concerns, and the continuous cycle of going through the shampoo and conditioner phase can get quite annoying at times. Furthermore, overwashing your tresses can sometimes lead to the production of more oil. Thus, we’re always on the lookout to learn a few hacks to get that grease out of our hair without having to wash it and bear wet hair strands for long hours. To help you get out of this greasy chaos, we’ve listed a few ways to get rid of oil from your hair without any professional assistance.
Table of Contents
- Hair Wash With Sebum Regulating Shampoo
- Leave-in Treatment
- DIY Hair Sprays With Essential Oils
- Quick Tips To Avoid Greasy Hair
Hair Wash With Sebum Regulating Shampoo
Use a sebum regulating shampoo for washing your hair regularly to avoid excess grease from forming on your scalp. Also, adding a clarifying shampoo to your hair care routine can effectively cleanse your scalp and hair from roots to tips.
The WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Coconut Avocado Conditioner is a dynamic pack plant-powered with natural and nourishing nutrients. Apple cider vinegar is a gentle, but powerful, natural ingredient that restores the pH balance of your hair naturally. As per Lauren Thompson, a stylist at Nunzio Saviano Salon in NYC, ACV is suited for application on all types of hair, including color-treated hair. Not only does this shampoo remove greasy residue, but it also provides your hair with excellent shine and softness.
A leave-in conditioner is an effective hair care product that provides an essential dose of moisture, nourishment, and protection to your hair that your shampoo can’t provide. The WOW Hair Revitalizer Spray is a well-formulated product that works well on all hair types.
Apply the leave-in conditioner at the ends of your tresses to prevent your hair from going greasy and flat. The gentle spray helps restore your hair's luster and strength with its rich moisture retention properties. Shea butter and soy protein present in the formulation allow the protein to be easily absorbed in your hair follicles and smoothen out those unruly strands as well.
DIY Hair Sprays With Essential Oils
Continuous exposure to dry air, harmful pollutants, excess heat, etc., contributes to adding more oil and grease to your tresses. A DIY hair spray is a perfect way to pamper your mane and keep it soft, shiny, and smooth even without washing.
Different DIY hair sprays and masks can be made by using essential oils. These oils can help your hair not only with excess grease, but also with other issues such as frizziness, static hair, damaged scalp, and several other woes.
WOW Skin Science has a large variety of essential oils that are my personal favorite when it comes to making my DIY hair spray. Several natural ingredients such as coconut oil, aloe vera, argan oil, baking soda, sugar, etc., can be combined with essential oils to make your spray.
Here are my personal favorite essential oils that I’ve added to my DIY hair spray to tackle greasiness and multiple other hair issues:
Tea Tree Oil
This essential oil is an apt ingredient for a DIY hair spray if you’re fighting dandruff, greasiness, itchiness, and frizziness.
If your hair suffers from stunted growth and severe damage, then a lavender oil-infused DIY hair spray is a good solution for you. It also works well to reduce your stress level, helping you further with hair loss issues. Adding a few drops of this essential oil to your hair spray can work well to reduce the formation of excess oil on your scalp.
Not only does this essential oil promote blood circulation and cell regeneration, but it stimulates enhanced thickness of your mane and growth as well. Apart from this, it is quite effective in eliminating greasiness and itching of the scalp. Add five drops of this essential oil to your DIY hair spray.
This essential oil works well to balance the oil production in your scalp and minimize the greasy feel.
Quick Tips To Avoid Greasy Hair
Follow these tips and quick fixes for greasy hair:
- Use dry Shampoo: A dry shampoo is a handy and inexpensive hair product that can be easily carried around in your bag. It eliminates greasiness from your tresses, leaving them soft, fresh, and bouncy. Spray the shampoo gently on your locks whenever required, and then use your fingers to massage it deep into your roots.
- Experiment with a texture spray: As per an LA based celebrity stylist, Laura Polko, “If your hair is constantly oily, use a texture mist spray”
- Blow dry your tresses: On days when you’re too lazy to wash your hair, use a blow dryer to dry out the sweat and add some bounce to your locks.
- Use scalp scrubs: Exfoliating your scalp with scrubs enriched with antioxidants and powerful ingredients such as hyaluronic acid can help you easily tackle your greasy and irritated scalp. Make use of gentle scrubs that will enhance your scalp with an essential dose of moisture.
- Blotting paper: Running blotting paper along your oily scalp and roots can leave them fresh and voluminous. Simply part your hair in different places and use the paper to absorb the excess oil.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is baking soda good for oily hair?
Baking soda is abrasive in nature and works well for extremely oily hair
2. How do I deep clean my scalp?
A quick way to clean your scalp deeply is by applying a mixture of baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and warm water to your scalp and roots.
3. How can I fix my oily hair without dry shampoo?
You can use corn starch, a toner, the blow dryer, some honey, or apple cider vinegar to fix your oily hair.
ConclusionFollowing these tips and hacks can not only save you from an unnecessary hair wash but also provide that fresh feel to your tresses without any side effects. Give these tricks a shot to fight your oily locks head-on and ensure protection from excess grease. Hopefully, this article will help you keep your mane bouncy and voluminous.