Featured Articles ➔
Oud Oil: Benefits For Skin & More
I’ve always been enticed by the different fragrances and soothing aromas of oils and essential oils and have never shied away from spending a few extra bucks for my favorite scents. There’s just something so tempting about certain notes that pull you in and evoke emotions. Oud is one of the oils with that kind of capturing appeal. Obtained from the fungus-infected bark of several species of Agarwood, this oil, with its uplifting fragrance, has been used by royals for ages and promises several benefits. Apart from having a majestic scent, this oil, if made a part of your skincare routine, can work wonders. Still doubtful of the benefits of this oil? Then dive in to know all about it!
Table of Contents
- Oud Oil Benefits For Skin
- Other Benefits Of Oud Oil
- Best Skincare Oud Oil Products
1. Oud Oil Benefits For Skin
The rich and potent oud oil has some fantastic benefits for your skin. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Hydrates and softens skin: The amazing oil has the quality to seal in moisture in your skin and keep it well hydrated. The oil can effectively restore the lost health of dull and dry skin, rejuvenating it with intense glow and nourishment. The surprising element about this moisturizing sealant is that it can work exceptionally well not just for dry skin, but also for oily skin.
- Powerful anti-aging properties: Loaded with the goodness of potent antioxidants, this versatile oil helps in the regeneration of new skin cells and actively fights against the signs of premature aging. The oil can help heal your skin and minimize the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles on your skin. Adding the oil to your bedtime routine can help in keeping it refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Fights against infections: Infused with powerful fatty acids, along with their anti-bacterial and antifungal properties, the skincare products infused with this oil can effectively fight against infections.
- Provides protection against the sun: The oud oil is infused with the goodness of powerful ingredients such as triterpene esters, cinnamic acid, phytosterols, and hydrocarbons. All of these are quite helpful in creating a barrier against the harsh UV rays. However, this does not mean that you should not apply sunscreen, even if you’re using a product enriched with oud.
- Promotes collagen synthesis: Collagen is a key protein that provides structure to your skin, enhances elasticity, and aids well in keeping it toned and uplifted. The oil helps retain the strength of collagen fibers present in the deep layers of your skin and boosts the natural health of your skin.
2. Other Benefits Of Oud Oil
The sweet and woody scented oil has several other benefits, apart from aiding skincare.
- Provides support to the digestive system: Buildup of stomach-related issues such as indigestion, bloating and gas can be tackled with the use of this oil. The carminative and digestive properties of the oil ease the digestion process and work well to provide relief from pain and cramps.
- Alleviates stress and depression: The powerful oil stimulates the limbic system of your brain and leads to the release of stress-reducing hormones. Apart from that, the oil also enhances the calmness of the mind by boosting your inner energy. A study found it highly effective in reducing stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Helpful in regulating menstruation: This soothing oil can help regulate the hormones responsible for irregular menstruation and hormonal imbalance. Apart from balancing your hormones, the oil can also keep irritation and mood swings at bay.
- Ensures peaceful sleep: It's quite common for insomnia to kick in due to different day-to-day life problems. Oud essential oil has been known to stimulate peaceful sleep free from stress and anxiety.
- Eases congestion: This anti-inflammatory oil can be used to fight against the constriction caused in your airways due to inflammation. It can also relax your muscles and help release stuffed-up mucus.
3. Best Skincare Oud Oil Products
Making use of cosmetic products endowed with the goodness of oud oil can enhance the appearance of your skin and keep it well hydrated, especially in dry conditions. Including products infused with oud oil in your beauty regime allows you to soak your skin with essential extracts and keeps it well rejuvenated.
The WOW Skin Science’s OUD 2-in-1 shampoo and body wash is an irresistible product infused with a woody scent. Lathering your skin with this luxurious formulation will make your skin lush, soft, and ultra-smooth. Shea butter present in this formulation will keep your body well hydrated and moisturized all the time and the Vitamin E present in it is a natural antioxidant. The formula reduces oxidative stress and free radicals making it easier to provide strength to your hair follicles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is oud and agarwood the same?
Yes, oud and agarwood are used interchangeably.
2. What does oud oil do in aromatherapy?
Oud oil is used in aromatherapy to alleviate skin conditions, fight against infections and stimulate meditation.
3. Is oud oil good for treating skin conditions?
Yes, being inflammatory, the oil is extremely beneficial for your skin-related issues such as swelling, infections, inflammation, irritation, and puffiness.