Featured Articles ➔
What is ylang ylang essential oil good for?
If you’ve used ylang ylang essential oil before, then you know that it smells amazing. But is there more to it than that? Yes! It has tons of different health and beauty benefits that we will explore throughout this article.
Read on to find out more!
What is Ylang Ylang Essential Oil?
Ylang ylang essential oil is oil extracted from the yellow star-shaped flower that grows on the Canaga tree found in and around the Indian Ocean. This essential oil gives off a fruity and flowery scent that’s perfect for aromatherapy, with topical benefits to boost your skin and hair routines!
Is Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Good for Skin?
If you have skin problems, it’s tempting to turn to harsh synthetic chemicals to majorly change your skin. But did you know that natural products can be just as powerful without any negative side effects?
Since ylang ylang oil has naturally anti-inflammatory properties, it can soothe skin and scalp irritations ranging from redness to dryness, and acne. The skin-smoothing properties help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making this an anti-aging must-have!
So, before you reach for the harsh (and expensive) skincare products at the store for your skincare woes, consider ylang ylang oil as a natural alternative.
Other Benefits of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
What does Ylang Ylang smell like? It smells fruity and floral, there's a reason it's used in high-end perfumes like Chanel No. 5! Besides this, ylang ylang essential oil is packed with aphrodisiac, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, antiseptic, and sedative properties. Simply diffusing ylang ylang essential oil can have a big impact on your mood to ease stress and tension.
How to Use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Now that you know all the amazing benefits of ylang ylang essential oil, you’re ready to start using them in your routine! There are various ways to utilize the incredible benefits, so we are here to guide you through it all! No matter which method you choose, you are bound to feel the difference in no time!
Can you put ylang ylang oil directly on skin? No because essential oils are too potent on their own. Instead, feel free to mix it up and experiment with these different methods of using ylang ylang essential oil:
- Essential oil diffuser: Add three drops of ylang ylang essential oil to a diffuser full of water, and allow the oil to work its magic to create a stress-free, romantic atmosphere. Does ylang ylang make you sleepy? With such a calming atmosphere, it could help you drift off to sleep!
- Hair care: Is Ylang Ylang good for hair? Absolutely! Add one drop of ylang ylang essential oil per every 10 mL of shampoo to soothe and fight damaging diseases. Blend 1 drop of ylang ylang oil per 10 mL of a carrier oil like castor oil for a nourishing and effective pre-shampoo scalp massage.
- Skincare: Add one drop of ylang ylang oil per every 10 mL of moisturizer or carrier oil to hydrate and soothe every skin type ranging from dry, oily, combination, sensitive, or acne-prone skin. Mix one drop of ylang ylang oil with 10 mL of witch hazel for relief from acne, ingrown hairs, rashes, and boils.
- Bath oil: Add three drops of ylang ylang essential oil to your bath water for a relaxing ambiance, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated without the cost and hassle of going to an actual spa.
How to Blend Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang ylang essential oil can be used on its own with amazing results, but you can take your essential oil game to the next level by combining different essential oils to curated your own botanical blend. Mix ylang ylang oil with complementary oils to optimize its benefits for your needs!
But which oils go well with ylang ylang? If you’re new to the essential oil game, then you may not know that some oils don’t really pair well with others. Thankfully, we can give you some of the best recommendations to blend with ylang ylang for effective and beneficial results:
- Bergamot essential oil: reduces symptoms of anxiety, depression, and irritability; improves overall mood; combats oily skin and scalp; improves appetite and digestion.
- Lavender essential oil: reduces symptoms of stress and anxiety; soothes skin; prevents scarring from acne, burns, or cuts; improves skin texture; promotes hair growth; moisturizes skin and hair.
Where to Buy Quality Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Before you get out there and start using ylang ylang oil for yourself, you need to know where to find it! And even though it may be tempting for you to just head out to the convenience store or your favorite big box store, that’s probably not the best option.
When it comes to buying essential oils, you need to look for quality products that are produced and sold by a reputable company. It’s hard to get this information solely from a box at the store! This is why we recommend that you buy essential oils online.
The best place to buy essential oils online is from WOW Skin Science. WOW only sells 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oils with glowing customer reviews that show that the products really work.
However, WOW also goes a step further by offering a 60-day money-back guarantee because we are so confident in the quality and effectiveness of our products. In fact, WOW’s essential oils are so amazing that we sell out frequently, so don’t wait -- check out all of our essential oils and other natural and vegan-friendly beauty products before they’re all gone!
As you can see, ylang ylang essential oil is great for your skin and also offers a whole host of other benefits. Just make sure that you’re really maximizing the benefits by using quality oils from companies like WOW Skin Science.