Featured Articles ➔
Is Grapeseed Oil Good for Your Skin?
They say that wine gets better with age, and several skin experts swear by its benefits for the skin. Wine slows signs of aging, enabling your skin to look healthier and younger. So, what if there was an oil that could give you these benefits in a much more accessible form? Well, grapeseed oil is one such find! So, if you’ve been wondering “is grapeseed oil good for your skin?” – the answer is yes!
You will love how grapeseed oil makes your skin look and feel. Grapeseed oil has the power to heal dryness, prevent sun damage, and clear clogged pores. The benefits of grapeseed oil extend beyond your skin and, in addition, offer advanced hair care.
Table of contents:
- What is grapeseed oil?
- Is grapeseed oil good for your skin? Who can use grapeseed oil?
- What are the benefits of grapeseed oil for your skin?
- How to use grapeseed oil?
What is grapeseed oil?
Grapeseed oil, also known as Vitis Vinifera oil, is extracted from the tiny seeds of grapes, byproducts of the winemaking process. Grapeseed oil has a thin, silky texture and is yellowish-green in color.
Like other popular beauty essentials, such as coconut oil, grapeseed oil contains antioxidants, vitamins, such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and omega fatty acids, including linoleic acid. Grapeseed oil also contains amino acids that help build collagen, which helps improve skin elasticity and reduce wrinkles.
Is grapeseed oil good for your skin? Who can use grapeseed oil?
Grapeseed oil is light on the skin and can be used by even the most sensitive of all skin types. If you have dry skin, damaged skin, large pores, acne-prone, or even oily skin, grapeseed oil can offer significant benefits. Unlike other oils, such as coconut oil, grapeseed oil is a lightweight emollient and can be the perfect answer to your skincare and haircare problems.
What are the benefits of grapeseed oil for your skin?
- Manages acne breakouts: Grapeseed oil contains linoleic acid (an omega-6 acid) that cleans clogged pores and controls acne breakouts. According to experts, acne may occur or worsen as a result of a deficiency of linoleic acid in the skin. The presence of this fatty acid in grapeseed oil helps to reduce acne breakouts. Furthermore, grapeseed oil is lower on the comedogenic scale, making it suitable for all skin types.
- Reduces scar visibility: Grapeseed oil is full of linoleic acid and Vitamin E, which is highly useful in lightening skin and reducing dark areas of skin caused by acne scars, sunburns, etc. In some cases, grapeseed oil can even help lighten scars of severe burns, cuts or acne.
- Prevents sun damage: Grapeseed oil contains compounds like Vitamin D, C, E and polyphenols. It is also rich in beta-carotene that acts as a powerful antioxidant, protecting your skin from the damage caused by UV rays and other harmful environmental pollutants.
- Moisturises and balances the skin: The presence of Vitamin E in grapeseed oil helps moisturize the skin thoroughly. Vitamin E softens and hydrates the skin layers from within, reflecting glowing skin on the outside. The fatty acids in the oil help fight free radicals, keeping the skin smooth and balanced.
- Lightweight and absorbs easily: Grapeseed oil has a lightweight and non-greasy texture. The oil absorbs well, moisturizing the skin without leaving any oily residue. Due to its lightweight application and superior penetration, grapeseed oil is also an excellent product for your hair. It can make your hair shine and improve its moisture leven and strength.
- Minimizes signs of aging: Grapeseed oil has polyphenols, which help to minimize fine lines and wrinkles. It helps to avoid premature aging, giving you youthful skin. The fatty acids in grapeseed oil combined with polyphenols boost blood circulation, making the skin tighter and youthful.
- Reduces inflammation: Grapeseed oil has astringent and antimicrobial properties that help to reduce inflammation in the skin and reduce acne breakouts. The oil helps with inflammatory skin issues like rosacea, eczema, etc.
- Brightens and evens the skin: Grapeseed oil is a powerful antioxidant. The oil contains proanthocyanin that evens out the skin tone and brightens your skin instantly. It is also beneficial in reducing hyperpigmentation.
How to use grapeseed oil?
Grapeseed oil is lightweight, highly versatile and a perfect addition to your skin care routine. You can use the oil directly on your face in its pure form or add a few drops of grapeseed oil to your body lotion, face cream, serums, etc.
The frequency of application depends on the underlying issues you’re trying to tackle. Typically, if you use the oil for acne breakouts, fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots, sun damage, etc., you can apply grapeseed oil once a day.
You can also use grapeseed oil as a carrier for your favourite essential oils.