Featured Articles ➔
How to Use Castor Oil For Beard Growth
“Can I use castor oil for beard growth” I’m sure that men who yearn for fuller beards to enhance their masculine charm look forward to finding the answer to this question. The hype around this oil is no joke, no doubt because of its well-known age-old benefits.
And YES! You can use castor oil for a thicker and fuller-looking beard. But before you incorporate it into your beard care routine, you must know exactly how to. Otherwise, your efforts may be in vain.
Table of Contents:
- What does castor oil do for beard?
- How to make castor oil work wonders on your beard
- Is castor oil good for a patchy beard?
- Does castor oil work on all beard types and colors?
- How to use castor oil for beard growth
- Which castor oil is good for beard growth?
- Are there alternative remedies for facial hair growth?
- Conclusion: castor oil for beard, because beards are trending!
What Does Castor Oil Do for Beard?
Castor oil has been used for a long time, and in many cultures, to promote hair growth. But since facial hair differs from the hair on your head, the effectiveness of castor oil, or any oil, for that matter, may also differ.
Now, while there is still no scientific evidence of its benefits on facial hair growth, there are many testimonials out there of men who say castor oil did work for them. Or their beards.
And here is why castor oil might indeed help grow beard. Castor oil contains:
- Palmitic acid, a substance that aids the nutrients penetrate deeper into the skin, thus helping hair growth.
- Linoleic acid and stearic acid, which help keep the skin moisturized.
- Oleic acid, which prevents water loss. It was also shown to increase skin permeability, thus helping increase the effectiveness of other topical hair/beard treatments.
How to Make Castor Oil Work Wonders on Your Beard
When used correctly, castor oil significantly boosts blood circulation and nourishment of hair, keeping breakage and split ends at bay. It also moisturizes your skin, reduces wrinkles and fine lines, and helps you maintain a youthful look.
So, how can you make castor oil do magic on your beard?
Dilute it with some jojoba, avocado or olive oil and add 3-5 drops of peppermint essential oil and 3-5 drops of tea tree essential oil to it. This blend not only lubricates your beard and makes it softer and easier to style, but also protects the hair follicles, and boosts normal hair growth.
Is Castor Oil Good for a Patchy Beard?
Patches of bald or thinning beard are one of the greatest foes of men. Inflammation, fungal and bacterial infections contribute largely to patchy beards.
The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil, particularly when combined with tea tree (a powerful natural anti-fungal) and peppermint oil, help the skin beneath your beard to stay healthy, which, in turn, creates a good environment for healthy beard growth.
Does Castor Oil Work on All Beard Types and Colors?
Castor oil works well on all beard types and colors: black, brown, blond, red or any crazy color you might have chosen for it.
How to Use Castor Oil for Beard growth
- Before you go to bed, wash your face (and beard, of course) with lukewarm water to get rid of any impurities.
- After patting the water off your face with a clean towel, take a few drops of castor oil on your palm, add a few drops of essential oil to it, and spread it evenly on your beard.
- Massage the area thoroughly for 5-10 minutes. Leave it overnight or wash it off after a couple of hours.
For best results, repeat at least 3-5 times a week.
Which Castor Oil is Good for Beard Growth?
You should definitely try WOW Skin Science’s 100% pure Castor Oil. Its cold-pressed formula retains the rich nutrients present in the seeds as the extraction process does not include heating.
On top of that, it is free from chemicals that provide short-term remedies and long-term harm, such as hexane, sulfate, paraben and mineral oil silicone.
Ultra-rich in vitamin E, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids, WOW’s castor oil strengthens your beard while moisturizing and nourishing your skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties further soothe inflammation and rashes while moisturizing the dry patches.
Are There Alternative Remedies for Facial Hair Growth?
- A change in your diet and lifestyle can help boost beard growth. Since blood circulation to the hair follicles impacts facial hair growth, regular exercises, taking vitamins B and E supplements, and massaging your beard can stimulate healthy hair growth.
- Your testosterone levels play a crucial role in facial hair growth. To keep your hormones in balance, add to your diet foods rich in protein, iron and zinc.
Conclusion: Castor Oil for Beard, Because Beards Are Trending!
Now that we’ve answered your question, all that’s left to do is for you to add the right castor oil + the right essential oil to your beard care routine.