Featured Articles ➔
How To Choose The Best Men’s Shampoo For Sensitive Scalp
If you are one of those men who randomly picks a shampoo and washes their hair with it, Stop Doing That! It might be hard for you to believe, but it’s a fact that men face issues like hair loss, dandruff, and itchy scalp more than women. Actually, studies have shown that although hair fall is a common notion, men experience it more often than women.
In his early age (young, you may say), my father used several hair products and, yes, even followed some trends here and there. But little did he know how damaging it was for his sensitive scalp. And, unfortunately, he learned his lesson the hard way. But you don’t have to! Sensitive scalp requires a bit of extra care, and I'm here with all my research on the best shampoo for sensitive scalp. Let's get started right away!
Table of contents
- What causes itchy scalp?
- How can you treat an itchy scalp?
- Which shampoo is best for sensitive scalp?
- How does apple cider vinegar help an itchy scalp?
- The bottom line
What causes itchy scalp?
Itchy scalp is one of the most embarrassing and distressing things, isn't it? The itchiness can be due to various reasons - sometimes, it could be a skin condition, but at other times there might be no visible signs of one. Let's cover each of the potential reasons for an itchy scalp:
- One of the common reasons for an itchy scalp is dandruff. If you have an itchy scalp, as well as excessive sebum secretions, and you can notice flakes on your clothes, it’s probably dandruff.
- Another reason for an itchy scalp is the build-up caused by various hair products or by hard water.
- You do not wash your hair as often as you should. Imagine only washing your face once a week; not a great idea, am I right?
- Itchy scalp can also be a result of overly dry skin. Itchiness is more common in people who have dry skin.
- You might be allergic to a particular hair product such as a shampoo, conditioner, serum, etc. This causes the scalp to become sensitive over time.
- If you don't think that any of the reasons mentioned above are causing the itchiness, it is advisable to see a dermatologist, who can help you get to the bottom of it.
How can you treat an itchy scalp?
Every problem has a solution, and so does an itchy scalp. The tips mentioned below are surely going to come in handy while dealing with an itchy scalp.
- First things first, you need to keep your scalp clean and healthy, and only then will you be able to combat itchiness. Use a good shampoo that is non-stripping, and which clears product build-up. Make sure to wash your hair on time – do not under/overdo it.
- If the itchy scalp is a result of product build-up, check what's causing that. Is it hard water? Overuse of hairstyling products? Whatever it is, ensure you deal with that.
- We know you are busy, but try to take your time to wash your hair properly – gently massage your scalp and don’t forget to rinse out your conditioner or other hair treatments thoroughly.
- Pamper your hair with castor oil or other hair oils every once in a while to give your hair the kind of nourishment it deserves. You could also add essential oils like tea tree & peppermint to your hair oil.
- By removing buildup, gentle exfoliation can also help with an itchy scalp.
Which shampoo is best for sensitive scalp?
A must-have factor in all the shampoos for sensitive scalp is that it has to be non-stripping. Here are a few recommendations of gentle formulas for those looking for the best men’s shampoo for sensitive scalp:
If you are dealing with excess sebum or product build-up on your sensitive scalp, then this combo would make for a great pick. The shampoo is packed with natural ingredients that help cleanse your scalp and nourish the follicles, while the conditioner contains natural oils that flatten the cuticle and add shine to your hair.
Coconut Milk Shampoo
If you have dry hair, you should get a shampoo that is nourishing, as well as hydrating, and ditch the ones that leave your scalp feeling dry and tight. Because sometimes, while cleansing your scalp, along with dirt and sebum, shampoos can strip away the natural oils as well. I highly recommend you try this combo of Coconut milk shampoo and conditioner, which can moisturize your scalp and relieve it from itchiness.
I’ve got a recommendation for all the men looking for convenient solutions when it comes to hair care. This OUD 2 in 1 shampoo and body wash may be the best solution for all your scalp-related, as well as laziness-related troubles! Its soothing ingredients, such as shea butter, vitamin E, and aloe vera are perfect for sensitive scalp. Also, its exotic fragrance will make you want your bath to… take longer.
The bottom line
Finding the best men's shampoo for sensitive scalp should not be complicated; all you have to do is to be very mindful about the ingredients in the products you’re choosing. ACV must be on top of your list as it's an all-in-one ingredient that helps clear build-up without being too stripping for your scalp, while also balancing the pH level of your scalp and restoring shine to your hair.