Featured Articles ➔
How Often Should I Use Apple Cider Vinegar On My Hair?
Apple cider vinegar is a superfood that has recently made a big name for itself outside of salad dressing, as a naturally healing and restoring agent. However, apple cider vinegar has actually been used for thousands of years since the time of ancient Greece! Even though uses for apple cider vinegar may look a bit different than they did back then, one of the best uses for apple cider vinegar in the 21st-century is actually in your hair.
Wondering “How often should I use apple cider vinegar on my hair without causing damage?” Keep on reading to find the answer!
What Does Apple Cider Vinegar Do For Hair?
It might sound a little bit weird to use something that you cook with and clean with on your hair, but hear us out! There are some real benefits to using apple cider vinegar on your hair:
- Clarify. Even if you think your hair is squeaky clean, chances are it isn’t. If you aren’t using a clarifying shampoo on a regular basis, then you might have product build-up and residue in your hair from your hair styling products, leave-in conditioners, and dry shampoos. Apple cider vinegar’s detox properties can help thoroughly clarify your scalp to remove stubborn build-up without completely stripping your hair of its natural oils!
- Repair. Hair damage often occurs as a result of color treatments or excessive heat styling that can leave you with breakage, dullness, and dryness. While you can’t necessarily repair your hair overnight, combining the use of apple cider vinegar along with other repairing agents like argan oil is a great regimen that will put your hair on a healing path.
- Slow down hair loss. Due to its “superfood” characteristics, apple cider vinegar can provide your hair with all the nourishment it needs to re-grow healthy and strong strands in areas that are currently experiencing hair loss. The acids in apple cider vinegar are great exfoliants that can help stimulate hair growth on your scalp. It can also fight free radicals that weaken your hair in the first place!
- Dandruff Relief. Thanks to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it can help treat and prevent dry, itchy, and flaky scalps. These properties fight dandruff-causing fungi that causes these uncomfortable symptoms.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar On Hair?
With all these benefits, you might be tempted to just pull out your apple cider vinegar, pour it onto your hair, and call it a day! However, this really isn’t the best method. Instead, you should look for hair care products that have been formulated with apple cider vinegar like shampoos, hair masks, and finishing sprays.
- Apple cider vinegar shampoo: When using apple cider vinegar shampoo, wet your hair and massage a generous amount onto your scalp with your fingertips. Let the shampoo sit in your hair for three to four minutes if you have normal hair, or five to six minutes if you have dandruff or really oily hair. Rinse thoroughly until there are no suds left. Condition your hair with a nourishing conditioner. You only need to repeat this detox process once or twice a week since apple cider vinegar is that powerful, and effective!
- Apple cider vinegar mist tonic: this powerful natural product makes a great hair tonic that can help smooth out tangled or frizzy hair for a silky smooth look. Shampoo your hair as usual, then spray the solution all over your damp hair. You can also use this mist tonic on-the-go to boost shine and protect your hair from outside irritants.
- Apple cider vinegar hair mask: When using an apple cider vinegar hair mask, start by washing your hair as normal, and press your hair in between a cotton or microfiber towel to get some of the extra water out. Apply a generous amount of the hair mask all over your hair while avoiding your actual scalp. Leave the mask on for at least 20 minutes so that it can really soak into your hair strands and have the full effect. Rinse the solution out of your hair thoroughly with cold water so that you can close up your cuticles. Use this mask once a week to maintain smooth, shiny, and silky hair.
What To Look For?
Now you know why apple cider vinegar is a staple in beauty routines from ancient time, and would make a great staple for your beauty routine. How can you go about finding these products, and making sure they’ll do what they promise?
The best way to purchase quality apple cider vinegar hair care products is on the wonderful internet, where you are seeing this post! It gives you the opportunity to peruse tons of different products, and price ranges to give you total control and assurance that you’re making the right purchase. Overall, you need to look for products made by a reputable company with great reviews and accessible customer support.
WOW Skin Science is one to trust, and uses natural and vegan ingredients in their products without gluten, parabens, sulfates, or animal testing. All of WOW’s products are specially formulated with natural actives like apple cider vinegar, Moroccan argan oil, almond oil, coconut oil, shea butter, aloe vera, and essential oils. You can be assured that these products will work for you, or WOW offers all customers a 60-day money-back guarantee! However, with products like these, you aren’t going to want your money back!
At the end of the day, apple cider vinegar is a strong and effective natural active that can be used just once or twice a week to restore your hair to a healthy, shiny, and strong state. Good luck!