Featured Articles ➔
Hair Repair Solutions
Dealing with damaged hair that is dry, and brittle can be extremely frustrating. Chemical treatments like hair dyes, relaxers, and even heat tool damage can give strands major breakage and split ends. Your hair repair journey might seem never-ending, but it doesn’t have to be!
This process is as easy as 1-2-3! The first thing you need to do is to figure out what’s damaging your hair. From there, you can incorporate beneficial products to nourish your hair back to health. Finally, you can make helpful changes to your routine to finally achieve the hair of your dreams!
What Causes Damaged Hair in Need of Repair?
It can be hard to start your hair repair journey if you aren’t sure what damaged your strands in the first place! There are tons of different reasons why your hair might be damaged, here are some of the most likely ones to look out for:
- Heat damage: While it may be tempting to use heat to dry or style your hair, it can actually do a lot of damage to your hair health! Heat tools like blow dryers, straighteners, and curling irons can all damage your hair if you use them too often and without adequate protection like heat protectants.
- Pro Tip: You may be using too hot of a heat setting, especially for already damaged hair. So try turning down the temperature to get the hair style you want, without the extra damage!
- Over-processing: While you may enjoy going to the salon to keep up your hair look every four to six weeks, these treatments are pretty damaging to your hair! Whether you get your hair colored, permed, relaxed, or chemically straightened, all of these processes involve harsh chemicals that physically damage your hair cuticles to allow the treatment to penetrate better, leaving long-lasting damage to your hair.
- So, while these treatments can definitely make you look and feel good, be sure to do them sparingly and use hair repairing treatments in between.
- Dryness: Overly dry hair can easily lead to damaged hair. Sometimes this can be caused by your environment -- one with high temperatures and low humidity. Other times it can be caused by using hot water, or the mineral content of your water that's used to wash your hair. Overall, you need to ensure your hair is properly moisturized for strong and healthy hair.
- Pro Tip: Cold, dry weather is no good for hair -- if you’re stocking up on flu season essentials like eucalyptus oil, you can take these same extra steps to hydrate your hair!
- Stress: Stress can wreak havoc on many different parts of your body -- including your hair! Too much stress can lead to your hair follicles going dormant, contributing to breakage. So, for healthy hair, be sure to effectively manage your stress to look good and feel good!
- Diet: The last factor that can cause damaged hair is actually your diet. Without the proper vitamins and minerals, your hair doesn't have the necessary building blocks to fortify and strengthen its barrier against outside irritants like UV rays and pollution. Hair can become dry, brittle, and damaged. A healthy hair diet includes nutrients like zinc, iron, and folic acid -- either through food alone or with supplements!
Ingredients That Help With Hair Repair
While it might be tempting to go with artificially strong ingredients to help repair your hair, natural ingredients are really the best course of action. Many people assume that natural ingredients cannot be as strong or effective as artificial ones, but that’s not the case at all!
Here are some of the best natural ingredients that can help with hair repair:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Moroccan argan oil
- Jojoba oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Almond oil
- Coconut oil
- Onion black seed oil
- Castor oil
Best Products for Hair Repair
With all those ingredients, you’re probably wondering exactly how you can use all of them to benefit your hair without spending a fortune or taking all day applying numerous different oils.
The good news is that there are a few amazing products that effectively combine them so that you can really get the most bang for your buck!
Here are the best products for hair repair from WOW Skin Science!
- WOW 10-in-1 Hair Revitalizer: You may have noticed that many of the beneficial ingredients for hair growth were oils, making our 10-in-1 Hair Revitalizer Oil Spray the perfect product for hair repair! This spray includes the entire arsenal of nourishing ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, almond oil, Moroccan argan oil, jojoba oil, tea tree extract, and more! These ingredients can help make for overall healthy hair, hydrate dry hair, tame frizz and tangles, and boost hair’s shine.
- WOW Argan Oil Shampoo: In addition to hair oils, you can also help repair your hair through your shampoo! WOW’s Argan Oil Shampoo includes beneficial ingredients like Moroccan argan oil, almond oil, saw palmetto extract, and nettle leaf extract that are able to build back your hair’s protective layer, repair elasticity, and improve your hair health.
- WOW Coconut Milk Conditioner: Since any hair care routine isn’t complete without conditioner, WOW’s Coconut Milk Conditioner is ideal for hair repair thanks to healthy ingredients like coconut milk extract, almond oil, aloe vera extract, jojoba oil, and argan oil to hydrate, soothe, and nourish your hair and scalp.
Other Steps To Take To Repair Your Hair
While the right products and ingredients are key to repairing your hair, there are other steps that you can take to help speed up the process:
- Washing and conditioning your hair only when necessary -- no more washing your hair everyday! To promote balance and prevent sebum overproduction, train your hair to go longer without washing. It will feel uncomfortable at first, but it is necessary to avoid over-drying your hair before the scalp's natural oils can reach your ends.
- Trim your hair on a regular basis to keep your hair long and healthy -- it’s recommended to do so every eight weeks.
- Pat your hair gently with a towel and allow it to air dry without heat at least once a week to give it a much-needed break from heated styling tools
- Brush and comb your hair with the right tools while being sure to not overuse them! Wide-tooth combs and bristles that are made of natural materials like boar’s hair. NEVER comb your hair when wet, as it's the most vulnerable and prone to breakage.
- Style your hair properly by avoiding tight hair styling accessories like a tight hat or tight elastic hair ties that can lead to breakage.
With these solutions and tips, you can quickly and easily restore your hair in no time at all! Just be sure to use the right products with effective and natural ingredients, like those right here at WOW Skin Science.