Featured Articles ➔
Does Vitamin C Damage Hair Or Boosts Its Growth & Shine?
There’s nothing more desirable than having shiny, beautiful, and super soft tresses that can turn heads. But attaining such healthy and gorgeous locks requires effort and choosing the correct hair care products. There are numerous chemical-infused products available in the market to choose from, but nothing beats the magic of natural ingredients and their effect. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is one such wonderful ingredient that is enriched with antioxidants and assures enhanced natural health and growth of your mane. Dive into this article to know more about using Vitamin C and all that it can do for your tresses.
Table of Contents
- Benefits Of Vitamin C For Silky Smooth Hair
- Haircare Products Infused With Vitamin C
Benefits Of Vitamin C For Silky Smooth Hair
First off: does vitamin C damage hair? No, if you use vitamin C properly, not only that it does not damage hair, but is known to provide several benefits to improve natural hair health and enhance the nourishment of your hair and scalp. Here are a few of the most important benefits of Vitamin C for your hair:
- Improves hair growth: According to several studies, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a natural ingredient that effectively boosts collagen production, ensuring enhanced hair growth. According to Rianna Loving, an advocate for wellness and clean beauty brands, “Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron, which further aids in keeping our hair strong and silky.”
- Prevention from oxidative stress: Free radicals can not only block the growth of your hair locks, but also lead to premature greying. As per a study published in the International Journal of Trichology, Vitamin C is packed with powerful antioxidants that work well to prevent the oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
- Reverses premature greying: Infused with medicinal properties, Vitamin C is an exceptional ingredient to prevent premature greying of your locks. It also helps in retaining your natural hair color while maintaining its health and nourishment.
- Tackles dandruff: Most of us have to deal with flakiness and dandruff, whether occasionally or on a regular basis, irrespective of our hair type. Bacterial overgrowth and fungal infections are the most common causes of dandruff. Packed with antibacterial and antiseptic properties, Vitamin C naturally heals your scalp and helps unclog the hair follicles.
- Fights split ends and breakage: Structural damage caused by free radicals leads to the destruction of keratin, a protein that is essential for healthy hair growth, which can cause split ends and hair breakage. Adding products enriched with Vitamin C to your haircare regimen can help you actively fight free radicals and prevent hair damage. You can also take vitamin C tablets to boost collagen production and promote healthy hair growth.
Haircare Products Infused With Vitamin C
Besides acting internally by taking your nutritional supplements and vitamin C tablets, you should know that powerful hair care products infused with the goodness of Vitamin C are a perfect solution to combat the effects of pollution, excess styling, and several other factors affecting the health of your hair. Here’s our top recommendation: a shampoo and conditioner pack that can add that lost vibrancy and shine back to your lifeless mane.
Apple cider vinegar clarifying shampoo and Coconut/Avocado oil conditioner pack
WOW Skin Science combination pack of ACV shampoo and coconut / avocado oil conditioner can be added to your routine, no matter your hair type. Apart from being rich in Vitamin C, the shampoo’s clarifying formula works well to balance the pH level of your scalp fighting several hair care miseries. The strong botanicals present in the formulation naturally replenish and promote the health of your tresses.
After rinsing your hair, apply the nourishing conditioner. Infused with with virgin coconut oil, it promotes enhanced nourishment and moisturization of your locks, being particularly beneficial for dry hair. Rich in oleic acids and monounsaturated fats, avocado oil provides deep hydration to hair strands and keeps them protected against free radical damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does vitamin C thicken hair?
Vitamin C fights free radical damage, thus boosting healthy hair growth and potentially contributing to thickening hair. Check with your doctor if you could benefit from a vitamin C treatment.
2. Can vitamin C cure alopecia?
Vitamin C can work well in certain types of alopecia and other hair disorders by healing and soothing the scalp and strengthening the hair follicles.
3. Does vitamin C remove hair color?
In high concentrations, vitamin C can break down the chemical bonds holding your hair dye together and remove your hair color. However, you should not worry too much about naturally occurring vitamin C in popular ingredients for hair care, such as apple cider vinegar, as they’re only slightly acidic, not nearly enough to strip your hair color and lighten your hair.
Vitamin C deficiencies can not only cause difficulties for the functioning of your body and skin, but also dampen the natural growth and health of your hair. Using hair care products powered by vitamin C, which can actively fight against your hair care woes, can help ensure enhanced growth and leave your hair smooth and healthy.
WOW tip: You might also want to explore using vitamin C for your face to hydrate and energize dull, dry skin for a youthful glow. WOW Skin Science has a whole range of Vitamin C skin care products, from vitamin C face serum to vitamin C face washes, vitamin C skin mist toner and vitamin C enriched body butters.