Featured Articles ➔
Does Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo Really Work?
It’s no secret that apple cider vinegar is great to detox your insides, but what about your hair? We can tell you that the answer is a resounding yes! But don’t just take our word for it...here’s everything you need to know about apple cider vinegar shampoo and what it can do for your hair goals.
Why Use A Shampoo with Apple Cider Vinegar?
Whether you have color-treated hair, heat-damaged hair, product build-up, or flaking issues -- apple cider vinegar shampoo can work for you. How? The same properties that make apple cider vinegar so beneficial for your health and a natural home remedy, benefit your hair as well. Can you use apple cider vinegar instead of shampoo? No, which is why we've curated a scalp-safe formula to clarify, balance, and strengthen strands!
Apple cider vinegar is jam-packed with beneficial nutrients like acetic acid, potassium, B vitamins, and vitamin C. It boasts antioxidant properties that protect your hair from free radical damage, which come from UV rays. That’s right - the sun is harming your hair (and skin for that matter.)
What are the benefits of apple cider vinegar shampoo?
- Clarify and deep detox your hair and scalp to remove stubborn product build-up and residue that can weigh hair down. This helps boost volume for flat, dull looking hair!
- The antifungal properties of apple cider vinegar fight dandruff-causing fungi malassezia for less flakes & itchy scalp, and more confidence!
- The antioxidant properties protect cells from damaging free radicals that weaken the hair and can cause it to fall out.
- Does apple cider vinegar help with hair growth? Yes! It helps strengthen and nourish hair and remove build-up that stops healthy hair growth.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Using apple cider vinegar for hair is easier than you think, especially since WOW Skin Science has made it really easy! Everything you need is right in a bottle.
Here are the basic steps to really get the most out of your product:
- Pour a generous amount of shampoo onto your hand and gently massage it into your hair and scalp using your fingertips, in circular motions.
- Let the shampoo sit on your scalp for three to four minutes. However, if your hair is especially oily or you’re experiencing a lot of flakes, you can add on an extra minute or two.
- Rinse off your hair and scalp thoroughly so that there’s no product or residue left behind. Use lukewarm water to not harm your hair health.
- Condition your hair with a naturally effective conditioner like WOW Skin Science’s Coconut Milk Conditioner.
- Do a final rinse with cold water to seal your hair cuticles for added shine.
- How often should you use apple cider vinegar shampoo? Even though it’s tempting to shampoo your hair a lot, you really only need to use an apple cider vinegar shampoo once or twice a week for oily and itchy hair, and once ever other week for sensitive and dry hair. The detoxing power is enough to clarify residue and build-up, without stripping your hair of its natural oils.
Finding an Effective Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
If you’re used to aimlessly wandering down aisles, trying to find the right shampoo for your hair needs, we’re here to help. There are so many hair products, it makes it tough to make an informed decision! You can find an effective apple cider vinegar shampoo easily, with delivery straight to your door.
Searching for products online is way easier since you can literally eliminate all other types of products from the mix and come up with a small and realistic selection to check out. Shopping online also gives you access to valuable customer reviews that can give you an idea of the quality and effectiveness of the product before you actually buy it.
Finally, buying online allows you to check out the company in general and familiarize yourself with their philosophy and type of ingredients to make sure that they ethically produce quality products that you will feel good about buying and using on your body! That being said, you still need to know what to look for when you shop online so that you end up with an amazing product that you’ll want to buy again and again.
Here are some things that you need to do when shopping online:
- Check the product ingredients. Make sure to only buy products that are made with safe and natural ingredients. Oftentimes, shampoos are filled with harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients that are not beneficial to your hair or your body! Shampoo ingredients to avoid include sulfates, parabens, fragrances, triclosan, and polyethylene glycol. Natural ingredients to look for include apple cider vinegar (of course), and nourishing ingredients like argan oil, coconut milk, almond oil, and olive oil.
- Check the customer reviews. It’s never a good idea to buy a product without checking out the customer reviews. Through reviews, real people are able to share their experience and results from the product with words and even pictures! Even though not every product is going to be ideal for each and every person, you should stick with products that have at least four-star ratings. WOW Skin Science’s Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo, for example, is rated 4.9 stars based on 230 reviews! Clearly, this is a popular product that actually works!
- Check out the company, as you can find a lot of info when you check more than just the specific product. Make sure that the company is dedicated to providing top-notch customer service to answer any of your concerns. Also, make sure that the company practices ethical production and testing. WOW Skin Science, for example, never tests on animals and only uses vegan ingredients in its products. WOW is also so confident in our products that we offer a 60-day money-back guarantee. Whether it’s apple cider vinegar shampoo or any other apple cider vinegar products, you can trust WOW Skin Science to work for you!
As you can see, apple cider vinegar shampoo really does work! Although, not all products are the same. That’s why it’s important to do your due diligence and purchase from a reputable company like WOW Skin Science to get the quality and effectiveness that you’re looking for.