Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Haircare
It’s no secret that apple cider vinegar is a miracle ingredient for things like weight loss or digestive issues, but did you know that you can use it in your hair too? It’s true! Apple cider vinegar can benefit all hair types in the battle against build-up.
So if you haven’t been using apple cider vinegar in your hair, in your kitchen, or in your food -- you’ve definitely been missing out! We are here to give you the lowdown on everything you need to know about apple cider vinegar and all the ways you can use it -- including in your hair!
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is more than just simple apple juice. The secret is in the fermentation! Apple cider vinegar is jam-packed with beneficial nutrients like B vitamins and vitamin C, giving it the status of a superfood. It has actually been used for hundreds, if not thousands of years as a traditional medicine for a variety of different problems. But now that we have 21st-century technology and research, does apple cider vinegar really provide any concrete benefits, or is it all just folklore?
Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Care?
The multitasking benefits of apple cider vinegar go beyond, and can actually be very beneficial to your hair if used correctly. Although you definitely shouldn’t pour raw apple cider vinegar onto your hair, there are professional hair care products available that have been formulated with apple cider vinegar and can work wonders for common hair issues like dandruff, breakage, and damage.
One of the best ways to use apple cider vinegar in your hair is with shampoo. WOW Skin Science’s Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo is great for clarifying scalps, balancing pH levels, and boosting hair health against damage caused by treatments, products, and heat styling. The things you do to your hair can constantly cause damage. Color treatments and heat application from hair dryers, curling irons, and straighteners can leave your hair looking dull and lifeless. It’s worsened from product build-up and residue from different hair products such as conditioners, hair sprays, dry shampoos, and mousse.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo can help soothe your scalp, combat dandruff-causing fungi, and fight hair loss. If you have an itchy, dry, or flaky scalp, the power of raw apple cider vinegar will calm irritation while fighting the cause of it. Finally, it’s also a great exfoliant to help stimulate the growth of hair follicles. All of these properties combined make it a great solution for hair loss since it helps keep your scalp healthy and balanced so that hair grows back faster and stronger than ever. Make sure to check out our other naturally-based apple cider vinegar products, too, like our Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Body Wash and our 10-in-1 Apple Cider Vinegar Tonic Mist!
What Else is Apple Cider Vinegar Used For?
If you need reasons to keep this multitasking miracle stocked, check out these uses:
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a household cleaner and deodorizer. Make the most of the anti-bacterial properties by mixing up your own apple cider vinegar cleaning solution by combining one cup of water with half a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar is a great home remedy for cold and flu viruses that leave you with a sore and scratchy throat. You can gargle with apple cider vinegar to help soothe a sore throat or you can whip up a nice warm drink with apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, honey, and lemon juice mixed into hot water.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a teeth whitener due to its acidic properties. If you have some pesky coffee stains on your teeth, try periodically rubbing a small amount of apple cider vinegar onto your teeth with a cotton swab to lift stains out over time.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a pest control treatment. You can use it to trap annoying fruit flies in your kitchen by setting out a small dish of it combined with a few drops of dish soap. You can even use it as a flea and tick repellent for your pet! If you are wary of some of the potential side effects of strong chemical-based flea and tick treatments, then you can spray a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water onto your pet to effectively remove these annoying pests.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used for cooking and tastes amazing when incorporated into things like salad dressings, marinades, soups, sauces, sweets, and more! So the next time you’re trying to figure out what to make for dinner, look up some apple cider vinegar recipes.
When it comes to apple cider vinegar shampoos and beauty products, nothing compares to the quality and effectiveness of WOW Skin Science. WOW’s products are cruelty-free, gluten-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, and vegan-friendly!
Instead of harsh chemical ingredients, our shampoo is formulated with raw apple cider vinegar, argan oil, and almond oil. Even though it’s all-natural, it’s still super strong and powerful -- so make sure to use it no more than once or twice a week to keep your hair clean, strong, and healthy.
As you can see, apple cider vinegar is great for dandruff control, hair repair, hair loss, and deep-cleansing. So if you want shiny, smooth, and strong hair then boost your hair routine WOW’s Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo.